Almond Four is a staple in our Keto Pantry. We use it for FatHead Pizza Crusts, Nacho chips, cinnamon rolls, cookies, cakes, muffins and other baked goods.
This “super-fine” Almond Flour is fantastic for things where you want a finer ground flour– such as cake!
Pesto is our favorite “Pizza Sauce” for our FatHead Pizza. We usually have home-made pesto on hand (my mom makes amazing Pesto). But, this will do in a pinch. Be careful when buying this at the store. Make sure there isn’t added sugar hidden inside.
Avocado oil is a ‘must-have’ accessory in your Keto Pantry. Avocado oil has a high smoke point (unlike EVOO) and is safe to use on the grill and in your fry-pan and in the oven when roasting.
- EVOO is a staple in our kitchen. We really like Costco’s Organic EVOO. We don’t use this for cooking because EVOO has a low smoke point and it’s dangerous to use it for cooking. We use EVOO for salad dressings, drizzling over cooked food, sauces and some baked goods.
- This is my other favorite EVOO and the one we look for when traveling. I find that this brand produces high quality, delicious oils. Also check out their Walnut Oil which is fantastic used in homemade salad dressings and as a drizzle over soups, salads and meats.
- Flavored Balsamic Vinegars are a great way to jazz up salads.
Fresh greens topped with goat cheese & drizzled with a few drops of Balsamic Vinegar and a generous drizzle of my favorite oil is a favorite summertime treat.
Life isn’t quite complete without some Keto Asian Stir Fry. But… Soy sauce contains gluten!
Grab some coconut aminos and use this in all places you would normally use soy sauce.
- Speaking of stir fry– this Toasted Sesame Oil is an amazing cooking oil that adds a rich, nutty flavor.
Add 10% Sesame oil to your base stir fry oil (I like using avocado oil because of its high smoke point) and you’ll notice a big difference in your stir fry!
Coconut Oil is another essential pantry item to snag. I blend a tsp of coconut oil into my morning coffee along with two drops Stevia and just a little bit of real cinnamon! Make sure you blend this with a immersion or personal blender so it combines.
Coconut oil is also an essential ingredient for the skin-care DIYer.
Pass the Mayo! Yes, you can eat mayo in the Ketogenic Lifestyle. Just pick the right one–like this one! We love the taste of this Avocado Mayo and use it on top of a fat juicy hamburger patty and as an ingredient in our Garlic-Parmesan Salad Dressing! Mayo is delicious!
- These are amazing as a topping for salad (think replacement for croutons) and for using as a ‘cracker’ for dips!