This is a delicious side dish for the Holidays or any time of year. I was inspired by a recipe I came across on Dr. Fuhrman's website that used orange juice and changed it up to create this delicious combination.
Baked Orange Essence Sweet Potatoes with Cranberries and Raisins
I created this healthy sweet potato casserole for a Thanksgiving we had away from home. It’s now a regular dish on our Holiday table. It’s a great alternative to the junk-food sweet potato casseroles of the past.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 10 People
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking pan (The orange oil is safest to use in glassware)
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into approximately 1 inch chunks and place into glass bowl.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Mix in raisins.
- Place sweet potatoes into 9x13 greased glass baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can swap out raisins for other dried fruit such as apricots, currants, dried figs or dried cherries. This dish freezes very well and is an excellent snack during the week. I freeze in glass containers that can be pulled out of the freezer and taken with me on-the-go. Serving suggestion: Top with raw walnuts or pecans for an added crunch.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.3mg