Whole Grain Banana Bread Pancakes
Banana Bread meets Pancakes. Oh yeah!! Drizzle these with a little maple syrup and you’ve got a delicious and nutritious breakfast that’s both mom and kid friendly.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 5 People
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (old fashioned works best)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or try a gluten free flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Banana (the more ripe they are, the better the flavor)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (I prefer Tropical Traditions brand)
- Using a personal blender with a flat blade, grind oatmeal into flour like consistency.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and whisk in almond milk and vanilla OR puree them in a personal blender with the almond milk and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and stir until combined. There may be chunks remaining from the bananas.
- Pour batter in a preheated skillet and cook over medium heat.
- Topping ideasPure maple syrup
- Whipped coconut cream
- Sliced strawberries and banana’s
- Fresh blueberries
- Pineapple cut in small chunks and mixed with berries
- Post your topping ideas in the comments section
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 1.4mg