A delicious Kale chip recipe I created after finding a spicy, cheesy tasting Kale chip variety on a road trip. These Kale chips never last long in our pantry, if they even make it there!
"Cheesy" Vegan Kale ChipsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 12 People
- 3⁄4 cup Raw Almonds
- 3⁄4 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Organic Olive Oil (or avocado oil, walnut oil or hazelnut oil)
- 2 tbs Raw Honey (or Agave)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper (double if you would like a spicy kale chip)
- 1⁄4 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 whole Carrot (or 5 baby carrots)
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper (any color will work or even 45 mini bell peppers)
- 2 large Kale
- Soak nuts in water with 1 tsp of salt overnight or 8 - 12 hours. Drain and Rinse.
- Rinse Kale and tear into sections. I use a salad spinner to get the extra moisture out.
- Combine nuts and all ingredients except for Kale in a food processor or Vitamix.
- Place 1⁄4 of the Kale in a large bowl and top with 1⁄4 of the mixture. Using your hands, squish the mixture into the kale until coated.
- Place onto your food dehydrator trays by the handful and repeat with remaining Kale.
- Dehydrate between 115 - 125 degrees for 8 - 16 hours or until crispy.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Although it never lasts that long in our home!
Calories: 741kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 6.1mg