I created this recipe after having success baking with greek yogurt. This recipe packs a protein punch which helps you feel full longer and uses real corn kernels. Dare we call it a serving of vegetables?
Yield is approximately 12 muffins depending on how full you fill your muffin cups! Consider making mini-muffins as well and drizzling with honey.
Healthy Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (use oat flour to make these gluten free!)
- 3/4 cup whole grain cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Organic Turbinado Sugar Coconut sugar works well here also
- 1/4 cup Honey (preferably local to your area)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (alumfree)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup organic corn (canned or frozen-if using frozen, thaw first)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk Cashew, Coconut or regular milk also work well
- 2 egg
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil or any oil for greasing your muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add wet ingredients to large bowl and stir until completely mixed.
- Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean.