These pancakes are high in protein but remain tender and delicious. A single recipe yields approximately 16 pancakes. Double the recipe and freeze extras for weekday meals/snacks.
Whole Grain Yogurt & Fruit Pancakes
These whole grain pancakes are moist with the perfect amount of rise. You won’t be able to tell they are grain free!Note that the nutrition facts include a cup of strawberry preserves for the topping!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 8 People
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Spelt Flour (or oat flour)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg
- 2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt (If you use flavored then omit the honey)
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup fruit preserves (for topping)
- 1 cup blueberries (or other fruit as an optional mix in)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for skillet)
- In a large bowl mix together flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together honey, eggs, greek yogurt and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Batter should be lumpy.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes so that it increases in size and bubbles form as the baking soda reacts with the yogurt.
- Preheat skillet on medium-low heat and coat skillet with coconut oil.
- Optional: Mix in whole fruit pieces such as blueberries or chopped strawberries
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto skillet.
- Cook pancakes until done.
- Top with reserved fruit preserves and enjoy!
This is a recipe we often double. The extra pancakes are cooled on a wire cooling rack and then transferred to a ziploc bag we store in our freezer door. This makes for quick, delicious breakfasts during the week. You can use flavored greek yogurt if you wish, but omit the honey and use only half of the vanilla called for in the recipe.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 2.6% | Vitamin C: 6.7% | Calcium: 10.5% | Iron: 7.6%