Low Carb Herbed Caprese Mini-Skewers: A Keto Appetizer
My husband and I came up with these mini-skewers for a neighborhood party last summer. They are amazingly delicious and versatile. Next time, I would like to try adding fresh basil leaves to give them a little more color.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 Servings
- 4 TBS Organic Olive Oil (extra virgin (all of this oil won't end up on the mozzarella but we need enough to marinate them in))
- 1 lb Whole Milk Fresh Mozzerella Balls
- .5 lb Sliced Salami (Cut into quarters)
- 1 lb Grape Tomato
- 1 tsp basil
- .5 tsp Salt
- 1 drop Taste of Italy Young Living Essential Oil Blend (optional)
- basil leaves (fresh, not pictured)
- Add the Whole Milk Mozzarella Balls and let marinade anywhere from 2-24 hours.
- When you are ready to assemble. First rinse and dry the grape tomatoes and make sure your salami is cut into quarters.
- You can make these up to one day ahead and store in a tightly covered container.
- Serve on a pretty platter or from a container. This makes a great potluck dish or finger-food appetizer.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.9mg