A delicious, crunchy spin on Kale Salad. The cucumbers and oranges add a burst of flavor to the nutty base. Who knew eating your greens could be so delicious!
Low Carb Kale Tahini Salad
This Kale Tahini salad is a delicious summer kale recipe.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 People
- 2 large Kale (stems removed)
- 1 cup Cucumber (in small chunks)
- 1/4 cup slivered almond (or chopped pecans/toasted pine nuts/other nuts)
- 1 orange (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup Feta (or gorgonzola cheese)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Bragg Liquid Aminos) (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 tsp Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup (or 10 drops liquid stevia)
- Remove the stems of the Kale by pulling the leaves off in a downward motion. Discard Kale stems.
- Wash & dry the Kale leaves. I prefer using a salad spinner to get all of the moisture out. The dressing does not cling well to wet greens.
- Tear the kale into small pieces and place in large salad bowl
- Toss Kale with approximately 1/2 cup of dressing (to taste). Reserve the remaining dressing to use on salads or as a marinade for chicken.
- Add cucumbers, orange, nuts and cheese on top of salad. (For a lower carb option, omit the orange and use blueberries instead!
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour for flavors to set.
- Serve in small bowls and enjoy.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 12.7mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 0.4mg