Delicious cinnamon rolls that pack a multigrain punch! This recipe yields 2 dozen rolls if rolled thin and cut to size.
Light & Fluffy Multigrain Cinnamon Rolls
This traditional recipe for whole wheat cinnamon rolls are whole grain but sure don’t taste that way. This is an old family recipe that I've posted for longevity purposes.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 24 rolls
For the Rolls
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, combine warm water, 1 tsp honey and 2 packages yeast and stir until combined.
- Add all remaining flour to the mixing bowl and beat for an additional 5 minutes. If consistency is too thin/sticky add flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough remains slightly sticky but not runny.
- Cover with a cloth and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour to 90 minutes until doubled in size
- Once dough is ready, prepare your glass baking pans by greasing with coconut oil or butter.
- Roll up dough and cut into 23 inch pieces. Place in greased 9x13 glass baking pan and cover to let rise in a warm spot for 60 - 90 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes until golden brown.
- While rolls are cooling, prepare icing by whipping the ingredients in your blender. Ice rolls after cooled for 10 - 15 minutes and enjoy!
You can add dried cranberries and/or nuts to change up the recipe. If you are looking for a low sugar option, you might consider omitting the frosting or drizzling very lightly.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.6mg