A quick, delicious pizza crust that can be made gluten free! You can make your own pizza in the same or less time as having it delivered.
Whole Grain Pizza Crust for the Oven and Grill!
This whole grain pizza crust is a favorite because it works really well both in the oven and on the grill. It’s also great for a last minute pizza night because it doesn’t take all that much time to prepare. Usually I can have this on the table before we would have gotten a pizza delivered.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 People
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a two cup glass measuring cup, dissolve yeast in warm water (water should be warmer than lukewarm but not scalding) and add honey. Stir to combine and let rest for 10 minutes while working on the remainder of recipe.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flours and salt.
- Stir yeast mixture into dry ingredients once 10 minutes have passed. Stir well to combine and then cover and let rise in a warm place while you prepare a surface for rolling the dough.
- On a flat surface, sprinkle out some flour and spread around. Pull off a chunk of the dough (we like to divide in half for two large pizzas) and roll to desired thickness.
- Using a flat spatula, transfer the rolled dough onto a pizza pan
- Place dough in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with desired toppings.
- Return to oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is ready to eat
- Slice as desired and enjoy!
Nutrition information is for pizza crust only. Toppings not included. You can easily substitute the flours for what you have on hand. I have used all whole wheat flour and it turns out beautifully. Buckwheat and rye flours I have used successfully as well.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 1.2% | Iron: 8.9%