This is a delicious pumpkin muffin that is sure to please your tastebuds. The bonus is that it's packed with nutrients and protein to please your body as well! An excellent “onthego” option for your busy morning. We like to make a batch and keep extra's (if there are any) in the freezer. This recipe yields 12 large muffins.
Pumpkin Spice Superfood Muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (may substitute spelt, buckwheat or oat flour)
- 1/2 cup Young Living's Vanilla Pure Protein Complete
- 1 Banana (mashed)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 6 drops Cinnamon Vitality Essential Oil by Young Living
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp Clove
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 egg (or 4 egg whites)
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (puree)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (may substitute olive oil or butter)
- Mix in any add in options (nuts, raisins, coconut) to dry mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Batter should be lumpy.
- Carefully scoop into muffin cups or muffin tin until 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.