Roasted cabbage is one of the most often requested foods in our home. We even hear the kids asking friends when they come over “Have you ever tried roasted cabbage…?”
This kid approved vegetable is versatile and easy to make. All you need are some basic ingredients in your pantry and a cabbage!Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 People
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- There are two ways to prepare roasted cabbage. Option 1: Slice cabbage into slices about 3/4 inch thick Option 2: Slice cabbage again crosswise and break into small pieces.
Option 1: Slice Cabbage In Slices
- Lie Cabbage on greased baking sheet
- Spray the cabbage with Grapeseed oil (or rub it in with your hands).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garlic powder
- Flip cabbage slices over, and repeat spraying & seasoning steps above.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, checking after 10 minutes and then in 5 minute increments until you can pierce cabbage with a fork and the leaves are nice, crispy and brown.
- Remove from oven and serve alongside your main course.
Option 2: Chop cabbage into small pieces
- Place chopped cabbage in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Drizzle in 2-3 TBS oil and seal bag. Using a kneading motion, knead the oil into the cabbage until it is completely covered.
- Place cabbage on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove cabbage from oven and stir. Cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve alongside your main course!
Experiment with flavors! Our favorite combination is to sprinkle garlic powder over the cabbage as well. Also good is bbq, cajun or all purpose seasoning. Post your favorite flavor combinations below!
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 0.5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1749mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1% | Vitamin C: 13% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 3%