A twist on traditional roasted carrots–which are still a family favorite. These take a little longer to slice but make up for the extra prep time in the decreased amount of cooking time you need. They bake in as little as 20 minutes.
Roasted Carrot Chips
We love roasted carrots, but they take awhile to cook. Over the weekend the girls and I experimented with making 'carrot chips' and it was a huge hit! All you need are some basic ingredients in your pantry and some carrots.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 5 People
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel your carrots
- Cut carrots into thin slices using a mandoline slicer or a food processor. You can tell I used a food processor as we have some uneven shapes.
- Place sliced carrots in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Drizzle in 2-3 TBS oil on top of the carrots and seal your bag. Using a kneading motion, knead the oil into the cabbage until it is completely covered.
- Dump the carrot slices out on your baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove carrots from oven and stir. Cook for another 5-10 minutes. Carrots should be lightly charred. Remove from oven and serve alongside your main course or as a yummy wholesome snack!
We hope you love these as much as we do. Enjoy!
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 606.2% | Vitamin C: 13% | Calcium: 6% | Iron: 3%