Stir fry is one of our favorite things to make together as a family.
Easy Beef Stir FryPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 Servings
- Cut your broccoli & Asparagus into uniform sized pieces for even cooking. If your asparagus has fat stems, cut them in half horizontally as well. Keep all your vegetables separated as we will cook them in batches.
- Cut your beef into bite size pieces cutting across the grain. We like to make them long and skinny. Cutting against the grain of the beef maximizes the tenderness.
- To cut down on oil usage, I pre-steam the broccoli. For an added cheat, you could do this in the microwave. Steam your broccoli until just barely fork tender and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of sesame and grapeseed oil in your wok. Stir fry the asparagus until done and place in a large pan to keep warm. (This is where all your completed ingredients will go into)
- Heat 1 tsp of sesame and grapeseed oil in your wok and stir fry the broccoli until fork tender. Add to the large pan.
- Heat 1 tsp of sesame and grapeseed oil in your wok and stir fry the beef. Add to the large pan.
- In a small bowl mix together 1 TBS Black Bean Sauce with 2 TBS of water. Drizzle over the completed stir fry and mix.
- Your dish is now ready to serve! Serve over Quinoa or Brown rice or eat on it's own!
We like to use this base recipe and mix things up. Carrots add a festive crunch. Red peppers give the dish a different distinctive flavor. Onions spice things up a bit.
Picky house? No problem. Make the base recipe with things everyone likes. Then stir fry up small batch's of other ingredients and pile on the veggies. I do this often with onions and mushrooms because I'm the only one who eats them! Funny thing is, every now and then some of "my veggies" will disappear onto another plate. Kids get curious when they see you eating things you enjoy. They start to wonder if they are missing out. And just one of these times, you might even hear "YUM!!! Where has this amazing mushroom been all my life" from a kid! (or a spouse)
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 843mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 36.1% | Vitamin C: 172% | Calcium: 10.1% | Iron: 25.2%