A delicious chili recipe that is fast and easy to throw together! I created this on the fly one day as we were getting ready to spend an afternoon watching football. A perfect, healthy comfort food meal. Get creative with the leftovers and post comments below :)
Three Bean ChiliPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb Hamburger (or ground chicken/turkey)
- 2 cups Garbanzo Beans (or white kidney beans)
- 2 cups Kidney Beans
- 2 cups Black Beans (may substitute beans of choice)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- 2 cups Salsa (I use Kirkland Organic Salsa from Costco)
- 2 cans Tomato diced (may use crushed alternately)
- 1 can Organic Tomato Paste
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Brown ground meat in skillet and transfer to crock-pot.
- Add all of the ingredients to the crock-pot and stir until mixed
- Set crock-pot on lowest setting and cook 3 - 4 hours until onions are cooked through. Stir every hour or so to mix ingredients. (You may cook on high for 1 - 2 hours if you are in a rush)
- Plain Greek Yogurt is our alternate to sour cream and tastes great dolloped on top of a bowl of chili
- Shredded cheddar, gouda, mozzerella, provolone or other cheeses!
- Crumbled tortilla chips
- Serve over a bed of fresh greens for a healthy, filling salad
- Use in a soft shell tortilla and create a chilitaco
- Use as a topping for a plate of nachos to feed a crowd!