Low Carb Kale Tahini Salad
This Kale Tahini salad is a delicious summer kale recipe.
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 10 People
- 2 large Kale (stems removed)
- 1 cup Cucumber (in small chunks)
- 1/4 cup slivered almond (or chopped pecans/toasted pine nuts/other nuts)
- 1 orange (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup Feta (or gorgonzola cheese)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Bragg Liquid Aminos) (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 tsp Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup (or 10 drops liquid stevia)
Remove the stems of the Kale by pulling the leaves off in a downward motion. Discard Kale stems.
Wash & dry the Kale leaves. I prefer using a salad spinner to get all of the moisture out. The dressing does not cling well to wet greens.
Tear the kale into small pieces and place in large salad bowl
In a small blender prepare the dressing by blending the lemon juice, oil, tahini, soy sauce, garlic and sweetener until smooth.
Toss Kale with approximately 1/2 cup of dressing (to taste). Reserve the remaining dressing to use on salads or as a marinade for chicken.
Add cucumbers, orange, nuts and cheese on top of salad. (For a lower carb option, omit the orange and use blueberries instead!
Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour for flavors to set.
Serve in small bowls and enjoy.