One morning, my husband and I were enjoying keto waffles drizzled lightly with Lakanto Maple Syrup.
My husband looked at me and said “You used to make homemade syrup, could you make the same thing in a Keto version?”
Well, why not?
Your New Favorite KETO Maple Syrup
It took me quite a bit of trial and error to get this keto maple syrup just right.
This syrup won't harden in the refrigerator, but it does still tend to separate and require a vigorous shake before use.
Adding additional xanthan gum causes too much thickening for our tastes.
More Than A Keto Pancake Syrup!
This Keto Maple Syrup is so much more than a pancake syrup.
Try it on salmon to make a Keto Maple Glazed Salmon.
It's also great on pork chops, chicken breasts and kabobs!
We've even recently been experimenting with making keto maple glazed bacon! Oh yeah!
Ingredients for Homemade Keto Maple Syrup
Here's a few things you'll need to make this keto maple syrup…
- Bocha Sweet (Seriously, you need this!)
- Maple Extract
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Xanthan Gum
- Glass Syrup Container
- Induction Cooktop
Tutorial Video: Homemade Keto Maple Syrup
Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen”!
I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Homemade Keto Maple Syrup
It's not just for pancakes! Use it as a baste for keto maple-glazed salmon, pork chops or bacon!
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup water and ¾ cup Bocha Sweet.
- Stir until Bocha Sweet is completely dissolved and the mixture looks clear. Gently bring mixture to a boil.
- Add ½ cup heavy whipping cream.
- Bring mixture back to a boil and simmer for one minute.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of real butter. Bring back to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add maple and vanilla extracts
- Allow to cool and store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!