Keto Peppermint Fat Bombs
When on a Ketogenic diet, it can be a challenge to get your fat macro high enough. This is where Keto Peppermint Fat Bombs (or any fat bomb) comes into play.
This was the first fat bomb recipe that I created and it remains a favorite that we come back to time and time again.
Tip: While making them, make sure you gently heat the ingredients. Just warm enough (around 80 degrees) to melt the coconut oil. If your ingredients get too hot, then the layers won't work well.
97% Fat ~ 1% Carb ~0% Protein
Keto Peppermint Fat Bombs
- Reserve the Cacao Powder and remaining peppermint oil for later in the process. While this melts, prepare a mold that you’ll use for the peppermint fat bombs. You can use a silicone mold like the one that’s pictured or use a mini-cupcake pan. If you use a mini-cupcake pan, I recommend using mini cupcake liners made from parchment paper so that the fat bombs come out easily. You won’t need liners if you use a silicone mold.
- Once the bottom layer mixture is melted, use a tablespoon to fill the molds about ¾ of the way full. You should have some remaining mixture left in the bottom of your crockpot/pan that we’ll use to make the dark chocolate top.
- Set your half completed peppermint fat bombs in the refrigerator and let them completely set up. This can take up to an hour. You can also use the freezer. The freezer takes about 20 minutes for the fat bombs to set up.
- In the meantime, we’ll make the top layer of the peppermint fat bombs in your crockpot/pan. Simply mix in the cacao powder and 4 more drops of Young Living Peppermint Vitality Essential oil and cook on low for a few minutes until completely combined. Keep this mixture warm until your bottom layer is set.
- Once the bottom layer is set you can proceed by taking the molds out of the fridge and topping each fat bomb with chocolate. Once you’ve finished, set the fat bombs back in the fridge to set up. This takes about an hour. You can use the freezer here as well. It takes about 10-15 minutes in the freezer for the fat bombs to set up.
- Once they are completely set-up, remove your finished peppermint fat bombs from the molds and store them in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- Note that Coconut oil becomes a liquid at 72 degrees so we don’t want to store these on the counter unless it’s the middle of winter and your house is quite cool.
Fat Bomb Tips & Tricks
There are a few things you should know before making fat bombs.
First, choose your ingredients wisely. High quality ingredients yield delicious results. You can find specific ingredient recommendations in the next section.
Second, heat gently. This is especially important for a layered fat bomb. Coconut oil melts at a relatively low temperature (76 degrees F). I like to use a mini-crockpot to make these because it provides a gentle heat. If you use your stovetop-- heat your pan and then turn off the heat and stir until the coconut oil melts.
Finally, measure as you mold. If you are keeping close track of your macros make sure that you measure the number of servings you end up with. This will help you more accurately track your food.
Sharing Is Caring
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, please rate it by clicking on the star in the recipe card.
Then Share It!
Use the buttons on the left to Pin this recipe to Pinterest, Email it to a friend or share on social media.
Check out my YouTube channel "Tara's Keto Kitchen"! I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
Things Used in Keto Peppermint Fat Bombs
Things I used in this recipe:
Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil (Referral Link)
Viva Naturals Organic Cacao Powder (Amazon Affiliate)
Monk Fruit Sweetener (Amazon Affiliate)
Bocha Sweet (Amazon Affiliate) **This is what I use now instead of Monk Fruit!**
Find the NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia here (Amazon Affiliate)
I also like SweetLeaf Vanilla Stevia (Amazon Affiliate) here
Check out this Maple Fat Bomb recipe as well!
Note that the links in this blog are affiliate links when possible. An “affiliate link” is a way for me to earn money to help support my business. Affiliate links cost you nothing extra. They work like this: You choose to click on an affiliate link on my website and make a purchase. Depending on my relationship with that company you just purchased from–I earn either a small percentage or a fixed amount for “referring” you to the company.
I only refer you to products and brands that I have used in the past or are currently using and that I like the quality of. In some cases, products are discontinued and I find a substitution. This is usually only for kitchen gadgets but sometimes companies stop making ingredients too!
Thank you for considering using my affiliate links and helping me out 🙂
Tara is a Certified Holistic Health Coach who specializes in whole body health & wellness through holistic principles. Her passion is creating low-carb, grain-free, keto-friendly recipes and helping others learn the whole-body benefits of a ketogenic lifestyle.
When she isn't creating recipes in the kitchen, you can find her hanging with her kids, immersed in a good book, traveling with her husband, attending various educational conferences or just relaxing with her four cats!