84% Fat ~ 9% Net Carb ~ 6% Protein
DIY Keto Pie Crust with Hazelnut Flour
Keto Pie crust that boasts only 2 net carbs per serving!
Serving size is 1/10th of the keto pie crust.
One of my biggest baking challenges was how to make keto pie crust that tasted good and I was able to roll out.
I tried a few recipes for a keto pie crust you could press in and wasn't thrilled with the results.
It wasn't until I discovered hazelnut flour that I had a keto pie crust result that made me happy!
The Perfect Keto Pie Crust with Hazelnut Flour
Discovering this magical flour…. which really isn't a flour… was critical to making this pie crust work.
What is hazelnut flour?
It's finely ground flour made from the nut… hazelnuts.
It's got a really delicious flavor but is pretty expensive.
What Substitutions Will Work?
Keto Sweetener Substitutions
If you haven't already tried Bocha Sweet, I highly recommend you do.
It's a superfood alternative sweetener made from a Japanese pumpkin called the Kabocha pumpkin.
You could also use liquid stevia to sweeten the keto pie crust!
What is your favorite Keto Sweetener? Comment below and let me know!
Get The Ingredients Used In Keto Pie Crust with Hazelnut Flour!
- Bocha Sweet (Seriously, you need this!… but if it's out of stock…check out these options:
- Tiger Nut Flour
- Hazelnut Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Parchment Paper
- Wooden Rolling Pin
- Pie Plate
Note that the links in this blog are affiliate links when possible. An “affiliate link” is a way for me to earn money to help support my business. Affiliate links cost you nothing extra. They work like this: You choose to click on an affiliate link on my website and make a purchase. Depending on my relationship with that company you just purchased from–I earn either a small percentage or a fixed amount for “referring” you to the company.
I only refer you to products and brands that I have used in the past or are currently using and that I like the quality of. In some cases, products are discontinued and I find a substitution. This is usually only for kitchen gadgets but sometimes companies stop making ingredients too!
Thank you for considering using my affiliate links and helping me out 🙂
Sharing Is Caring
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, please rate it by clicking on the star in the recipe card.
Then Share It!
Use the buttons on the left to Pin this recipe to Pinterest, Email it to a friend or share on social media.
Check out my YouTube channel "Tara's Keto Kitchen"! I share new videos and recipes every week. Subscribe so you're notified by YouTube when the recipes post.
How To Make Homemade Keto Pie Crust with Hazelnut Flour
Keto Pie Crust (Grain-Free Pie Crust)
- Use pulse to process until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add egg and pulse together until combined.
- Place in parchment paper (or plastic wrap) shaped into a circular round.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from fridge and roll crust out between two sheets of parchment paper
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- For a fully baked pie crust, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
How To Make Keto Pie Crust with Hazelnut Flour
- 1 cup (112 g) hazelnut flour
- ¼ cup (1 oz) coconut flour
- ½ cup (1 oz) tiger nut flour
- 3 Tablespoons Bocha Sweet (optional)
- ½ cup cold butter (sliced)
- 1 egg
- Combine hazelnut flour, coconut flour, tiger nut flour, bocha sweet and sliced cold butter in food processor.
- Use “pulse” on your food processor and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Next, add the egg and pulse together until combined. The result should be a little sticky and have some chunks of butter still visible. (Though not large chunks)
- Place the keto pie crust dough in parchment paper (or plastic wrap) and mold it until it's shaped into a circular round.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from fridge and roll crust out between two clean sheets of parchment paper.
- Place a towel under the bottom sheet of parchment paper if the paper is sliding around on your kitchen counter.
- I love using parchment paper for rolling out everything because my rolling pin stays clean!
- Use the parchment paper to move the rolled crust to the pie plate.
- The crust may break as you place it into the pie plate… ignore the natural frustration you'll feel 😉 and just patch the keto pie crust together like I show in the video tutorial.
- Mold the edges to your liking.
- Now, your pie crust is ready to fill and bake!
For a pie you'll bake:
If you're going to make a baked pie (like…the entire pie needs baked), then bake the crust alone with a pie crust shield at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Then allow the crust to cool while you assemble the filling.
For a no-bake pie:
Now, if you're making a no-bake pie then you'll need to completely bake this keto pie crust.
So, bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
I strongly encourage you to use a pie crust shield to make sure the edges don’t over bake.
Why Do I Need A Pie Crust Shield?
Tara is a Certified Holistic Health Coach who specializes in whole body health & wellness through holistic principles. Her passion is creating low-carb, grain-free, keto-friendly recipes and helping others learn the whole-body benefits of a ketogenic lifestyle.
When she isn't creating recipes in the kitchen, you can find her hanging with her kids, immersed in a good book, traveling with her husband, attending various educational conferences or just relaxing with her four cats!