We created this keto casserole recipe as a way to get more nutrient-packed liver into our diet. We wanted a recipe that tasted amazing but that also hid liver's strange texture.
Why should you eat liver? Uhhm because it is amazing for you. Gram for gram, liver is one of the most nutrient packed foods on the planet. For instance, in one gram of liver there is 317 IU of Vitamin A. Compare that to kale which at one gram has 136 IU of Vitamin A. There are many such comparisons one could make. Let me save you some time – Liver is a champ when it comes to nutrient density.
What about that weird texture it has? Yeah, many people find the texture of liver to be off putting. I think that we have lost a lot of skill in preparing liver. This recipe is one way we are trying to improve our skill and resourcefulness with cooking liver. I look at liver and instead of thinking “I am not going to enjoy this.” I now look at it and think, “You can't beat me liver. I'm not scared to eat you. Get all those nutrients in my belly!”
We hope you will throw caution to the wind and try this surprisingly simple and delicious TexMex liver casserole. Like us, we think you'll end up believing that liver and TexMex were always meant to be together.
Keto Tex Mex Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook liver in a tablespoon of avocado oil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Thaw riced cauliflower by placing it in the microwave on half power for 4-6 minutes or until thawed but not hot.
- Optional: Top casserole with additional shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until casserole is hot in the middle.
- Keto Portabella Pizzas
- Sugar Free Maple Bourbon Glaze
- Sugar Free Maple Bourbon Glazed Ham
- Keto French Cut Green Beans with Sliced Almonds
- Fried Brussels Sprouts