Share this Post
Creamy Chicken Keto Casserole
This keto chicken casserole is satisfying, delicious and easy to make.
I originally created this recipe using some leftover chicken thighs I had cooked in the crockpot. I have also made this recipe with packaged rotisserie chicken from Costco. Next year, I'll be using it with leftover turkey from the holidays.
74% fat, 4% Carb and 20% protein.
Do you log your food when on a keto diet? If so, what program do you use? I've tried a few and keep going back to Cronometer. If there's one you use and like, please post it in the comments.
Back to this keto chicken casserole recipe. Instead of using sour cream (as I did in the original green been casserole recipe) I expirmented with lower carb ingredients. In this casserole I've used a combination of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
The cream cheese needs to be warm to mix well. I soften it in my microwave and make sure it's warm and smooshy before attempting to mix it into the cream. If you are using a blender instead of whisking by hand it mixes a little easier. However, small chunks are ok as they melt during baking!
Broccoli can be replaced by other vegetables. You could use cauliflower, green beans or any other low carb vegetable. Look for some different variations of this casserole to be posted in the coming months.
Did you enjoy this recipe? If so, please rate it and share it with your friends on social media. Check out my YouTube channel “Tara's Keto Kitchen“!
Things Used In This Keto Chicken Casserole Recipe
Note that the links in this blog are affiliate links when possible. An “affiliate link” is a way for me to earn money to help support my business. Affiliate links cost you nothing extra. They work like this: You choose to click on an affiliate link on my website and make a purchase. Depending on my relationship with that company you just purchased from–I earn either a small percentage or a fixed amount for “referring” you to the company.
I only refer you to products and brands that I have used in the past or are currently using and that I like the quality of. In some cases, products are discontinued and I find a substitution. This is usually only for kitchen gadgets but sometimes companies stop making ingredients too!
Thank you for considering using my affiliate links and helping me out 🙂
How To Make Keto Chicken Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds of diced chicken
- 4 cups broccoli, diced
- 4 pieces of bacon, crumbled
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- dash cayenne (flavor enhancer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish by lightly greasing it. (optional)
- Dice broccoli and steam in your microwave in a covered dish for 2 minutes until just fork-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine cream, softened cream cheese and spices and blend with a hand blender or whisk until smooth and combined. Note: Warm your cream cheese in the microwave or if you avoid the use of a microwave heat all the ingredients on the stove for this step. This makes the cream cheese combine easier with the cream.
- Mix in chicken, broccoli and bacon and stir until combined.
- Gently mix in shredded cheese.
- Place in a casserole dish
- Bake in preheated (350) oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling in the middle and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
Tara is a Certified Holistic Health Coach who specializes in whole body health & wellness through holistic principles. Her passion is creating low-carb, grain-free, keto-friendly recipes and helping others learn the whole-body benefits of a ketogenic lifestyle.
When she isn't creating recipes in the kitchen, you can find her hanging with her kids, immersed in a good book, traveling with her husband, attending various educational conferences or just relaxing with her four cats!